Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

edchuy
Advocate II
Advocate II

Can't connect to Salesforce Objects

There is currently an issue that causes access to Salesforces Objects to get errors of the type "Access is forbidden". I can't refresh data from those tables nor can I even get access to new objects. I have tried using Power Query in Excel and to refresh the same data in the Power BI service to no avail. The problem seems to have started about 3 days ago and I have been able sporadically to refresh the data. I had not had this problem previously.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It turns that our license to Salesforce has a limit to how many transactions (or something along those lines) can be requested within a certain time frame. I was refreshing my report each hour and a half which consumed our company's quota after a few refreshes.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
CoderZen08
Helper II
Helper II

Hi @edchuy were you able to find a solution? I've used the Salesforce connector but I had some issues with my data. As a workaround, maybe you can try to test your connection with a 3rd party connector. I've tried windsor.ai, supermetrics and funnel.io. I stayed with windsor because it is much cheaper so just to let you know other options. In case you wonder, to make the connection first search for the Salesforce connector in the data sources list:

CoderZen08_2-1707785515812.png

After that, just grant access to your Salesforce account using your credentials, then on preview and destination page you will see a preview of your Salesforce fields:

CoderZen08_3-1707785548970.png

There just select the fields you need. It is also compatible with custom fields and custom objects, so you'll be able to export them through windsor.  Finally, just select PBI as your data destination and finally just copy and paste the url on PBI --> Get Data --> Web --> Paste the url. 

CoderZen08_4-1707785579204.png

Hi. I think the issue I had then was that the Salesforce license my company had capacity limitations that prevented me from connecting. It was resolved then and I have been able to connect directly to the Salesforce objects using the Power BI native connector. Refresh is sometimes a bit slow given the tables have grown in size. In any case, I'll consider your suggestions if I run into any further issues. Thanks.

v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @edchuy ,

Could you please try to connect salesforce in a new power bi report, if the problem is still exist, try to "File" - "Options and settings" - - "Data Sources Settings", find the salesforce, then re-enter your correct credentails.

In Power BI Service, enter "Settings" - "Dataset", find the dataset using salesforce, re-enter the credentails in "data source credentails", then try to refresh again.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

It turns that our license to Salesforce has a limit to how many transactions (or something along those lines) can be requested within a certain time frame. I was refreshing my report each hour and a half which consumed our company's quota after a few refreshes.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.