cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Meagan Advocate II
Advocate II

Can't connect to Power Apps Common Data Service

I have built a Power App that stores data in the Common Data Service. We captured a bunch of data in the app. I went to connect to the Common Data Service in Power BI Desktop (yes, I realize the connector is in Beta), and I get the following error message: Your region may not be supported yet, or your admin hasn't enabled Power BI for this environment. The Learn more link just takes me to the generic Power BI support page. I can't find any information on what settings I need to change to allow the connection. Does anyone know? Power Apps says I'm in the United States region. 

2 REPLIES 2
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: Can't connect to Power Apps Common Data Service

Hi @Meagan,

Based on my test and research, it seems that the functionality for this feature hasn't lighted up in Power BI yet. Here is a similar thread which also mentioned that there will be some official blog post when the functionality starts lighting up(but there is no any blog post yet).Smiley Happy

Regards

coolo0220

Re: Can't connect to Power Apps Common Data Service

I also encounter the same issue, hopefully this can be resolve soon. Being able to link CDS with BI can be a huge jump in terms of information delivery lead time. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Announcing the New Spanish Forum

Announcing the New Spanish Forum

Do you need help in Spanish? Check out our new Spanish community section.

MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

‘Better Together’ Integration Forum Launch

‘Better Together’ Integration Forum Launch

We've launched a how-to forum where you can learn about how Power BI integrates with other Power Platform products.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors