Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Meagan
Super User
Super User

Can't connect to Power Apps Common Data Service

I have built a Power App that stores data in the Common Data Service. We captured a bunch of data in the app. I went to connect to the Common Data Service in Power BI Desktop (yes, I realize the connector is in Beta), and I get the following error message: Your region may not be supported yet, or your admin hasn't enabled Power BI for this environment. The Learn more link just takes me to the generic Power BI support page. I can't find any information on what settings I need to change to allow the connection. Does anyone know? Power Apps says I'm in the United States region. 

2 REPLIES 2
coolo0220

I also encounter the same issue, hopefully this can be resolve soon. Being able to link CDS with BI can be a huge jump in terms of information delivery lead time. 

v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Meagan,

Based on my test and research, it seems that the functionality for this feature hasn't lighted up in Power BI yet. Here is a similar thread which also mentioned that there will be some official blog post when the functionality starts lighting up(but there is no any blog post yet).Smiley Happy

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.