Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

amnd

Can't change the path of one file

I'm working on a Power Bi file which gets data from 4 different files (1 excel and 3 text documents).

I tried to open the excel file to change some data but it appeared a window that said "The file is corrupt and cannot be opened", I closed the window and retried opening the Excel and I could. Then I opened the PBI file and tried to change the path of the excel file and I couldn't.

I can change the paths of the text documents files but not the one of the excel.

(Before the window that appeared when I tried to open the Excel, I could change that path too)

What can I do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Interesting, couldn't reproduce  at my end.

How about going to query editor -> ADvanced editor and then change the path in there in the script. Try that and see if it works.

That doesn't mean the issue your posted is resovled but want to check if that will work.

Thanks,

P

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
parry2k
Super User
Super User

What you mean that you cannot change path?

What error are you getting? Can you share some screen shot?

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

pbi abled.jpgpbi disabled.jpg

Interesting, couldn't reproduce  at my end.

How about going to query editor -> ADvanced editor and then change the path in there in the script. Try that and see if it works.

That doesn't mean the issue your posted is resovled but want to check if that will work.

Thanks,

P

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.