Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

michaelmcm
Frequent Visitor

Can't change measure home table

I have a report which is connected to a dataset. 

The report contains a number of measures which have been created in the report .pbix and are saved in measure tables.  

The measure tables are blank tables in the dataset created for the sole purpose of holding these report measures.

When I select a measure in the report, the 'Home Table' option in the Modelling ribbon is greyed out.  i.e. its not possible to change the home table of a measure after its been created.

In previous versions of the same report I've not had this issue.  Any thoughts on what could be causing this?  I've tried reinstalling Power BI desktop and the issue persists.

6 REPLIES 6
Tahreem24
Super User
Super User

@michaelmcm ,

I am able to change the home table of meaure. I just tried at my end. By the way I am using Oct 2019 version.

Don't forget to hit Thumbs up and accept this as a solution if you find it helpful! 

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @michaelmcm ,

I can't reproduce your issue, can you please share a sample file for test?

In addition, what version of power bi desktop are you test? Please share more detail information to help us clarify your scenario.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly  

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Unfortunately I can't share the file as the data is sensitive.  I'm on version 2.76 (December 2019).

I am having a similar issue. It seems that, if a report is connected to a Power BI dataset and not directly to a model, changing a measure's home table is not possible. That is true for a measure created on top of a dataset. 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.
Learn with me on YouTube @DAXJutsu or follow my page on Facebook @DAXJutsuPBI.
PaulDBrown
Community Champion
Community Champion

@michaelmcm 

If you select a measure, you will see that a new tab appears in the ribbon with a header “measure options” (I’m talking from memory here, so apologies if it’s not the exact wording). Select this tab and you will see an option to display under which table to nest your measure.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
In doing so, you are also helping me. Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!
Paul on Linkedin.

Thanks, I don't get a separate tab on the ribbon. I have the Home Table option under the Modelling tab but its greyed out when I have this particular .pbix file open.

Capture.JPG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.