Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Lokids

Can't any find sharepoint list on site

Hello!

I just downloaded Power BI Desktop. I tried to access one of our sharepoint List to start creating stuff.

Unfortunatelly the BI cannot find any list. It's connected so i dont know what am i missing here.

See image below (hungarian version):

POWERBI.JPG

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Only search up to the " / " before the percentages begin. Then filter the name column by "text filters", select "begins with", and type the file or folder you want. Then select the Binary column and click "Remove other Columns". Then click the Binary link.

Should do the trick. Sharepoint is formated weirdly and PBI hasn't figured it out yet.

"Only search up to the " / " before the percentages begin."

What? I have no idea what do you mean by this.

Shouldnt it work like just give it an URL and select the list i want and it give me all the column the list has?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you share what the URL looks like? Are there any % signs in the URL?

URL looks like this:

http://companyproject/pwa/sitename

No special character.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Try shortening the URL untill data pops up. So try it without the sitename. Then without sitename and pwa. If you get anything then use the text filter to find the file you are looking for. Usually works but there may be an issue with your sharepoint validation

I did that. Even at site collection level. But nothing pop up. 😞

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.