Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

MXKCapgroup
Frequent Visitor

Can't add secondary values in a line chart

PowerBI desktop version 2.86 introduced a secondary Y axis in the line chart.  I am unable to drag a value in that chart.  I want to allow the user to select multiple values, some are total number of meetings and the other are percentages, so the scales are different.  If I drag a Value into the Value field, I can't drag something in the Secondary values field or vice versa.  Is this an issue with the data or a bug?

MXKCapgroup_1-1612471633940.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
themistoklis
Community Champion
Community Champion

@MXKCapgroup 

Remove UsageName from Legend section and try again

View solution in original post

@MXKCapgroup 

I understand what you are trying to achieve but if legend cant actually help, in this case the alternative would be to create a separate measure for each value in UsageName field.

Based on the highlighted values (red and green - 4 in total) you will have to create 4 measures and add them to the visual. 2 in primary and 2 in secondary axis

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
themistoklis
Community Champion
Community Champion

@MXKCapgroup 

Remove UsageName from Legend section and try again

That partially helps so thank you for that.  The other issue I have having now is that it aggregates the values instead of creating a single line for each selection.  For example, I'd want a line for each of the selection so there would be 4 in the case.  What is happening is the two items in red are being aggregated and the two items in green are aggregated, so I only have 2 lines.  

MXKCapgroup_0-1612473611362.png

I tried this and it worked. I added two different metrics to a "Stacked Column Chart" on the Y-Axis - [LastYearTotals] & [CurrentYearTotals] of course with a [MonthName] on the X-Axis. I then change the chart from a "Stacked Column Chart" to a "Clustered Column Chart" and now I can see two Y-Axis.

buddyboy_0-1698881393967.png

Here is a sample of my data...Data.jpg

@MXKCapgroup 

I understand what you are trying to achieve but if legend cant actually help, in this case the alternative would be to create a separate measure for each value in UsageName field.

Based on the highlighted values (red and green - 4 in total) you will have to create 4 measures and add them to the visual. 2 in primary and 2 in secondary axis

Thanks, I actually will need more measures but let me try that.  I'll accept as solution if I can get it work.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.