Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't Select 1:1 Relationship - No Duplicates in Data

I'm trying to create a 1:1 relationship between two tables, neither of which has any duplicates or blanks in the columns I'm trying to associate.

When I switch to the One to one Cardinality, I get an error saying "The cardinality you selected isn't valid for this relationship," but with no further explanation.

Is there a way I can troubleshoot why this relationship isn't available?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally got this to work after I ran remove duplicates on each column individually and with all selected!  It must be some kind of glitch in DAX, as a count of Distinct Values and count of Total Rows was the same, so PBI wasn't recognizing any value as a duplicate.  😞 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Please show example tables for me to analyze.

Do the values in one column of one table match with the another column in another table?

Are they in the same data format?

Best Regards

Maggie

Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally got this to work after I ran remove duplicates on each column individually and with all selected!  It must be some kind of glitch in DAX, as a count of Distinct Values and count of Total Rows was the same, so PBI wasn't recognizing any value as a duplicate.  😞 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.