Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Budfudder
Helper IV
Helper IV

Can't See Three Dots In Report View Online

I'm trying to export my data to Excel. I have a report which I've published to Power BI Online - great. The report consists of a number of visuals, the main one of which is a simple data table. There are others which are slicers.

If I mouse over any of the slicers, I get the three little dots in the top right-hand corner which I can click and then export the data. But when I mouse over the data table - no little dots.

If I change from Reading View to Edit Report, they come up (but at the bottom of the visual, I assume becuase the visual itself goes right up into the top right-hand corner of the screen). But as soon as I go back to Reading View, they can't be seen.

I have users who will not have access to Edit Report who need to export the data. What am I missing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Arentir
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi,

You most likely have deactivated the visual header. Have a look and let us know.

image.png

Arentir

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
maja742
Frequent Visitor

I also am having this issue and Visual Headers have not been turned off. I can see the options in Power BI desktop, but not in browser.

Anonymous
Not applicable

A precisation in this old question: maybe you have the "Visual Header" turned on, but inside its group the "More options icon" is turned off, turn on to see the three dots.

m455y_0-1624547201872.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the same problem, and the solution was to turn off the "Hide visual header in reading view" in the Visual Options menu. In your report to go File => Options => Report Settings => Visual Options and turn "Hide visual header in reading view" off. That did the trick for me at least.

Thanks! Why this buried file setting would be defaulted to 'On', as in 'Hide the visual header', is just another PBI mystery. I sometimes think the developers were continually high, or just sadistic, one or the other..:)
You saved my bacon, I was stumped, thanks again..!

Sorry, Maja, but my problem was solved by Arentir - stupidly, I had turned the Visual Header turned off.

Arentir
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi,

You most likely have deactivated the visual header. Have a look and let us know.

image.png

Arentir

Anonymous
Not applicable

This fixed it for me! So obvious, but I spent so long looking for a fix here. Thank you!

What a fool. I didn't even know you could turn it off.

Thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.