Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

miguelflores
Advocate I
Advocate I

Can't Publish A Report From Power Bi Desktop

Hi guys,

I keep on encountering this error whenever I'm publishing my report on Power Bi Desktop. The file size is 3GB.

Please help. Need to publish an urgent report.

Power BI Error.png

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @miguelflores,

As @BhaveshPatel suggested, we are not able to publish a PBIX file from Desktop which is greater than 1 GB. See: File size limit increase to 1 GB.

In addition, from the error message, it seems that you don't have the permission to modify the workspace content. Please check the workspace which you selected when you publish the report, see if you have edit permission.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @miguelflores,

As @BhaveshPatel suggested, we are not able to publish a PBIX file from Desktop which is greater than 1 GB. See: File size limit increase to 1 GB.

In addition, from the error message, it seems that you don't have the permission to modify the workspace content. Please check the workspace which you selected when you publish the report, see if you have edit permission.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

When are they going to change the size...say maybe 2gb?? That would be a life saver! 

BhaveshPatel
Community Champion
Community Champion

The maximum file size allowed to publish on PowerBI service is 1GB and You can not upload the filesize greater than this.

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Love the Self Service BI.
Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.