Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rlhane
Regular Visitor

Can't Power BI generate a still very much needed banded multi-page report?!

Can't Power BI generate the still very much needed regluar old banded multi-page report?!  The matrix visualization seems way too simplistic and printing seems to only include what is currently in the visualization's window.  Maybe I'm not seeing its full capabilities. (Maybe there are add-ons?)  I was hoping Power BI could stand up at least sufficiently well to SAP/Crystal and Jaspersoft. 

Providing one place to send my users for all their different reports/kpis was the great attraction of Power BI.  Drawing data from every which way into a central unifying visualization tool is pretty compelling but it needs to make a standard boring banded report header/page/group headers/detail section /group summary section/page footer/report footer multi-page report too.

If anyone has experience and a quality code base for facilitating those reports its Microsoft.

So please tell me I'm wrong, and here's how to generate a banded multi-page report.  I want to shutdown my SAP Crystal server.

Thanks,

-Ron

2 REPLIES 2
ZLJ
Advocate II
Advocate II

I'm struggling with this too.  We use Crystal to generate some Letters and Job Tickets, and i need to find a way to replicate this in Power BI.  If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

The matrix is relatively immature to date. SSRS is very mature, as is crystal etc.  Power BI is not really a static report producing tool (in my view), but an interactive analytics tool. If you have reams of paper reports, then I don't think it is ready - maybe it will never be ready for that. 

As a work around, you could connect Excel (Analyze in excel)  and make these reports available, leveraging the page formatting capabilities of Excel. http://exceleratorbi.com.au/power-bi-analyze-excel-what-you-need-to-know/

fyi. http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/PowerBI-Team-Please-provide-proper-PRINTING-capabilities/m-p...

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.