Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rhardy
Frequent Visitor

Can't Login to Power BI Desktop "Your Network Requires Proxy Authentication"

After upgrading from Power BI Desktop Aug 2019 to Power BI Desktop Sep 2019 I can no longer sign in to publish reports.

power bi error.JPG

I clicked on the Learn more link and tried the following...

1. whitelisted the following domains on the proxy authentication server.

• app.powerbi.com
  • api.powerbi.com
  • domains in the *.analysis.windows.net namespace

2. I checked and the error code "non_https_redirect_failed" does not show up in the trace files.

We did not have this issue prior to upgrading to Power BI Desktop Sep 2019, we were able to publish with Power BI Desktop Aug 2019.

I have a feeling this is a bug, even if I type in "123" as the username when I try and sign in, I get the same error, so it seems like it is not even trying to authenticate the login correctly.

1 REPLY 1
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rhardy ,

Did you try to re-install Power BI Desktop? If yes, I think you need to create a support ticket to get a dedicated support from  the Microsoft personally. If no, please try it and check if it will work.

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. Kudos are nice too.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.