Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Figaro67
Helper I
Helper I

Can someone please make a tutorial, I am a bit green still. This is about Relationships "I guess"

Every morning I download an excel sheet with ticket information. Tickets like in questions or problems. This sheet has columns like ID, Title, Group and so forth. I have been pulling out this sheet since 2016.

This sheet is now 32000 rows.  This has been working fine. I have been opening the file to PowerBI and making my graphs and stuff.

Due to the GDPR the Column "Title" was completely removed from this sheet, leaving me with a big problem, because I really need the Title column.

I found out that the Column was removed the 15th of May.  Luckily I found the file in one of my folders until the 15th of May with the Title column still in it. I also found another portal where to find the Titles from the 15th until today. 

To make the story short I have the following files.

Sheet 1: File from 2016 until today without the Title column.  (This file contains all the ticket ids.)

Sheet 2: File from 2016 until the 15th of May with the Tille column. (This file contains only the tickets ids until the 15th May)

Sheet 3: File from the 15th of May until today, with only two columns ID and Title (this file contains the ticket ids from the 15th of May until today)

How do I combine the three files? Can you show me in a tutorial like situation? I am still green in this. 

30 REPLIES 30

Hi @Figaro67

Review this video:

Regards

Victor

Lima - Peru

Another thing. In your video, at the start, the files names are not Sheet1, Sheet1 (2), Sheet1 (3)  Did you change the names?

@Figaro67

1. When i Get Data Inmediately go to EDIT so the relationships i dont review it.

2. The names i change in Excel to a better Guide to me.

Regards

Lima - Peru

I have now made new files which are more easy and straight forward and with fewer columns. Can you make a new video? You are so quick at it, but can you do it slower this time.  

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hydw7itcec0cp4v/Until%205%20with%20subject.zip?dl=0

I really tried but I cannot see whnat you do, the video quailty does not allow me to see what you do....

@Figaro67

You can see in HD in YouTube. Just Expand to Full Screen and Pause when you need.

Regards

Lima - Peru

Thanks for the patience. 

When you open the excel files in PowerBi do you remove the relations it creates automatically?

relations after open.png

Thanks for your time. 

Is this the easiest way to accomplish the task? 

I will try to follow what you do, but it is hard cos it seems you are trying some things which you delete right after... I will do my best. 

Thanks

I cant but I will make three files with the same logic and I will send them to you in a moment

MCuster

I have been watching many tutorials.

I Like this one best so far.

------>   https://youtu.be/iWsL5gM962U

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.