Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

emma313823
Helper IV
Helper IV

Can someone help me define an error message?

I've been using this dashboard now for months with no issues and all of a sudden refreshing is throwing up an error and nothing on the source file or the dashboard has been modified.  No worksheets being used have been modified, so I don't understand what is happening.  The source file is an excel workbook.

BI Forecast Dashboard Error.png

Emma

Emma
1 REPLY 1
ruecj5
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi Emma,

I have run into this when a refreshed data set includes a data type that Power BI is not expecting to see (ie. Type text shows up in a column from the source data that PBI expects to see only intergers).

I think the easiest check would be to make sure that the source data has only the expected data types in each column. 

If there is nothing unexpected in the source data, this thread shows that someone has had success eliminating the error by clearing and resetting the data conversions in the query editor.

Hope this helps,

Chris

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.