Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can someone help in creating a specific sales graph?

Hello, 

I am trying to create a graph which shows the Private Label sales by different retailers. My issue is that when I create it, the graph shows "Retailer X accounts for 30% of all Private Label sales in the total market", however, I want to see the output as follows: "Retailer X sells 30% Private Label of THEIR total sales". So the graph/visual needs to be more specific on the respective retailers` sales numbers, not the total sales in the market. 

I have attached a photo showing how I wish to have it done. 

Hoping you can help, 

Best regards. 

PowerBIGuy1234_1-1624969204372.png

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

I need to create a measure that will show the percentage of private label sales per retail player. I have a column specifying if it is PRIVATE LABEL or NON PRIVATE LABEL. In addition, I have values for Total Value Sales and Total Private Label Sales, but I need to find a way to show the percentage of private label sales per store and not "this retailer accounts for x % of the total private label sales". 

Can someone help me in creating a measure for this? 

Best Regards, 

PowerBIGuy1234

Hello @Anonymous 

If you could send sample .pbix that demonstrate what you are looking to get. It would really help providing you a quick solution.

You can send the sample .pbix file by adding it to your drive or dropbox and add the link here. 

Regards
Kumail Raza

Kumail
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Hello @Anonymous 

If you could send sample .pbix that demonstrate what you are looking to get. It would really help providing you a quick solution.

Regards

Kumail Raza

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Mr. Raza and thank you for your answer,

Unfortunately I am not able to provide a sample pbix. file as this would contain both sensitive information in addition to not having all the necessary data. 

The issue still stands: I am thinking I need to somehow create a measure incorporating the retailers and the total private label sales. How would you go about this?

* I do not have a private label sales column - the private label sales numbers are derived from taking the total sales and then filtering for private label in a visual. 

Hoping for your help,

PowerBIGuy1234

Hello @Anonymous 

You can just annonimize the data by filter it down to minimum level, exporting it to excel, changing numbers and setting it up the same way as original model. 

The good thing is that technique would remain same and you will have solution with just 0.1% or even less amount of data. 

Hope this helps.

Regards

Kumail Raza

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.