Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

EmmaX
Frequent Visitor

Can not create one-to-one relationship

Hello everyone:

Please help me solve this mystery. 

I have a big survey database which contains around 1000 or more variables. In order to make life easier I picked up only the key variables and put them in different tables based on the brands.

For example in my "filter table" I have "respondent ID", "customer segments" and "country of origin".

Then in my "Brand A" table I have "respondent ID", "Are you interested in buying Brand A", "Did you actually purchase Brand A" etc. 

Finally in my "Brand B" table I have "respondent ID", "Are you interested in buying Brand B", "Did you actually purchase Brand B" etc.

All the tables have same amount of rows, and I have replaced any missing cells with a "missing/NA" label.

Each of the respondent ID is unique and associated with one and only one record in another table, which definetly sounded like a one-to-one relationship to me. However when linking the brand tables to the filter table, Brand A table formed an one-to-one relationship while Brand B table can only fromed an one-to-many relationship.

Please help me with this, thank you very much!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
EmmaX
Frequent Visitor

Mystery solved! Looks like the Brand B table created couple of empty rows when importing to PowerBI, after deleted them I can create the one-to-one relationship now.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
EmmaX
Frequent Visitor

Mystery solved! Looks like the Brand B table created couple of empty rows when importing to PowerBI, after deleted them I can create the one-to-one relationship now.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.