Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can no longer map US Counties correctly

Hi all,

Some time ago I overcame the issues with mapping Counties in the US (including Louisianan Parishes!) by labelling the counties fully like so:

"<County Name>, County, <State Name>"

As explained in this post.

However, recently, that no longer seems to work and now I'm back at square one with my counties. Looking at the PowerBI Bing Map Documentation I am recommended to categorize all of my columns appropriately and use Drill Through to enforce the Geo Hierarchy.

Well I've done all of that and still the issue persists. I drill through the State of Florida to view my underlying counties and suddenly they are scattered all over the US.

Does anyone know how to resolve this? 

Does anyone know why this functionality might have changed?

Has Bing Maps been updated in some way?

Thanks,

Will

2 REPLIES 2
v-xjiin-msft
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Anonymous,

Could you please also share us some screenshots about your issue?

Thanks,
Xi Jin.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Drill through FloridaDrill through FloridaFlorida is missing counties and they are appearing in other states (one is even in Scotland)Florida is missing counties and they are appearing in other states (one is even in Scotland)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.