Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Roberto456
Resolver I
Resolver I

Can no longer connect to MySQL Database (Cloud)

Hello all.

Something strange has happened to my connection to our companies MYSQL database.

Just starting a new document and trying to connect gives me this error:

Details: "An error happened while reading data from the provider: 'Failed to enable constraints. One or more rows contain values violating non-null, unique, or foreign-key constraints.'"

Does anyone know what this means?

8 REPLIES 8
Frank_LI

Hi All,

All queries and connections worked fine last Friday with Power Query and MySQL.

We are using below version 

Frank_LI_4-1661991219737.png

And next Monday we found that we are having issue refreshing all power query linked to MySQL database

The error was showing as below. An error heppended while reading data from the provider: 'A call to SSPI failed, see inner exception.'

Frank_LI_0-1661990867182.png

Then we fixed the issue by untick the Encrypt connections from Data source settings – Edit Permissions

Frank_LI_1-1661990867186.png

Then we got another error message as below

Failed to enable constraints. One or more rows contain values violating non-null, unique, or foreign...

Frank_LI_2-1661990867190.png

And just now we found out that our Manila team can refresh the query with below Microsoft Office Version.

Therefore we assume it may relate to the latest Microsoft update and it’s not agreed to our MySQL server.

By any chance, you would have the same feedback from other clients or you would know how to fix this issue?

Thank you!

Frank_LI_3-1661990867205.png

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

This happens when i try refreshing on exsiting report and when i just try connecting at all on a new report.

Im not sure if the mysql connector has drivers?

there seems to be only one version?

@Roberto456  is this only happening in Power BI, or is this occuring outside of Power BI as well?

Did my answer(s) help you? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!
Did my post answer your question(s)? Mark my post as a solution. This will help others find the solution.

Proud to be a Super User!

This is only happening in Power BI.

When i log into the DB through workbench , its fine.

Has anything changed with your Power BI Desktop, Gateway, or MySql drivers?

There are two types of drivers that work with Power BI. The ODBC and Net drivers. Do you know which one you have and the version you have?

Net Driver link: https://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/net/

ODBC Link: https://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/odbc/

Post referencing drivers: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Power-Query/Trying-to-connect-to-MY-SQL-from-Power-BI/td-p/195060

Did my answer(s) help you? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up! ?
Did my post answer your question(s)? Mark my post as a solution. This will help others find the solution.

Did my answer(s) help you? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

Proud to be a Super User!

i have downloaded both.

connector.JPG

connector.JPG1

This is the Error:

connector.JPG

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Roberto456,

Did this issue appear on a new pbix report or after the refresh on existing power bi reports? It seems like your data structure has changed on your datasource side so that it did not match the data table design rules.

Can you please provide more detailed information to help us clarify your scenario?

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.