Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

singh_gagan30
Helper I
Helper I

Can my 2 visuals can parallel drill down/up if one of them is drilled down or drill up

Hi

TIA

I have 2 matrix visuals hich have a hierarchy of quarter and period placed in the column sectionand both are present in the single page. I want if I drill one of the visula then the other visual shuld also respond to the same.

I have 2 queries:

1. Can this thing happen in PowerBI and if yes then how?

2. Can this same feature be applied to the visuals present on the different pages and if yes then how?

Regards,

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @singh_gagan30 ,

is your problem solved?

If I answered your question, please mark my post as solution, this will also help others.
Please give Kudos for support.

Did I answer your question?
Please mark my post as solution, this will also help others.

Marcus Wegener works as Full Stack Power BI Engineer at BI or DIE.
His mission is clear: "Get the most out of data, with Power BI."
twitter - LinkedIn - YouTube - website - podcast

Hi @singh_gagan30 ,

check out the post below.
SaadXPO creates a filter to simulate a drillthrough.
You can use this on several visuals.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Variable-not-evaluating-inside-switch-statement-individual/...

Regards,

Marcus

Dortmund - Germany
If I answered your question, please mark my post as solution, this will also help others.

Did I answer your question?
Please mark my post as solution, this will also help others.

Marcus Wegener works as Full Stack Power BI Engineer at BI or DIE.
His mission is clear: "Get the most out of data, with Power BI."
twitter - LinkedIn - YouTube - website - podcast

Tad17
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi,

You cannot drill down into multiple visuals at the same time. 

Without seeing what you are working on my only suggestion would be to add some splicers to filter your data and potentially add the data you want to drill to as columns. That way the splicer would filter out the columns until you selected (or deselected) them giving a similar result.

As for doing it across multiple pages, you can link visuals to each other or add filters that apply to all pages. This is my only thought to do this simply. The other option is to create dynamics measures on the other pages based on the main page, but for this we would need to see your data and it sounds like more work than it is worth.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@singh_gagan30 unfortunately it is not possible, it will not auto drill to 2nd visual but it will filter data on 2nd visual.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.