Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

trevb
Resolver I
Resolver I

Can multiple visual filters be applied some how

I have a report that shows

Project information in a table.

Number of Projects/organisation group in a stacked bar chart

Amount of Money per Funding source in a stacked bar chart.

Clicking on the bar for an organisation narrows everything down showing me the number of funding sources contributing to a group.  What If I want to go further though and see what the specific projects are that are within one of those funding sources to the group.  I assumed if I clicked on the Funding source chart that would narrow down the Table leaving filters from both of the graphs in place.

What actually happens though is that the filter from the second graph replaces the one from the first.  🙂  I've got around this by converting the Charts to slicers, but this is a lot less attractive and informative for the user.

I'm assuming that this is standard behaviour but I'm not sure if there is a way to change this.  I tried with the Editing of interactions but still did not get where I wanted to be.  Is this something I can fix or a wish list item?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

@trevb

It is not possible to do it currently. Please vote this idea.

Regards

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

@trevb

It is not possible to do it currently. Please vote this idea.

Regards

Thanks, Duly voted for.

rymerco
Frequent Visitor

This is now possible with one of the Visual Filters you can get at the "Import from Store" in the visuals.  Select the "Smart Filter by OKViz".  It works wonderfully.

Doesn't work for me

Hi

If you only work in the Desktop designer you can press CTRL and click the items to multiselect - but that feature doesnt seem to work in the browser.

br

Erik

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.