Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vkomarag
Helper III
Helper III

Can i have actual columns and unpivoted columns as part of same source

Hi,

I have a source with some columns and if i unpivot few columns actual structure will be lost. But i need to keep the actual source and in addition to the actual source, i need the unpivoted columns also.

I am thinking of creating another source and merge. Is there any better way to do this?

Thanks

KVB

3 REPLIES 3
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @vkomarag,

If I understand it correctly, you have created a query to get data, you want to keep this source result also want to get the transformed (use unpivoted feature) data, right?

In your scenario, you can open Query Editor, duplicate the original query, then in the copy, perform the unpivoted column action. In this way, you will have two queries, the original query and transformed query.

q5.PNG

It depends on the row data, you can merge those two queries or not. But please remember there should be a common column field between those two queries to perform Merge Queries.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
dedelman_clng
Community Champion
Community Champion

Can you provide a sample of your data, both how it starts out and what you hope for it to look like?

I am preparing data. My bad. Having pivoted and unpivoted data in the same source might impact the results.

Sorry.Reverting my question,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.