Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RomyL1
Frequent Visitor

Can chart visuals display formatted percentage data

Hi, I'm creating a Column Chart and a Matrix visuals with a column slicer switching between Numbers and Percentage. Both of the number and percentage are shown perfectly in the matrix visual, however, the percentage data isn't shown in the chart at all. Any idea how to display the formatted percentage data in the column chart? Thank you!!

Here is what I created for the measure "selectedValue" which is for the value field in both visuals:

selectedValue = 
IF (
ISFILTERED ('Type'[Type]) && HASONEVALUE ('Type'[Type]),
if(LASTNONBLANK ('Type'[Type], 0 )="Number",
SUM(MySchool[Number]),
if(LASTNONBLANK ('Type'[Type], 0 )="Percentage",
FORMAT(SUM(MySchool[Percentage]),"0%")
)
),
BLANK()
)

2018-06-28_10-09-09.png

2018-06-28_10-09-26.png

2 REPLIES 2
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @RomyL1,

It seems that you have two tables, to get the solution, I need your data sample.

If it is convenient, could you share a dummy pbix file which can reproduce the scenario, so that we can help further investigate on it? You can upload it to OneDrive or Dropbox and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.)

Best regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Cherry, Thanks a lot for looking into this questoin. Currently I got an alternative solution for this question which is to create another measure and display different column/measure in the chart and matrix. But I still want to know if there is a way to display the two different data type (whole number and formatted percentage) in one chart by using the IF function. Here is the .pbix link from my one drive.

PowerBI_Report.pbix

Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.