Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

daniloabreu

Can and account on power bi pro be shared among users?

I need 24 points with power bi. In every point, there is maybe 6 people at a time. We need all the people to consume the dashboards created by only two persons. Is 24 power bi licenses enough? More than that, the dashboards must be private bacause of the sensitivity of the data. The only chance for me to uso power bi is power bi premium? Or 24 power bi pros is enough? Almost forgot, can an account be logged on two dispositives at the same time?

Sorry for the bad english,

Danilo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@daniloabreu 

@daniloabreu wrote:

I need 24 points with power bi. In every point, there is maybe 6 people at a time. We need all the people to consume the dashboards created by only two persons. Is 24 power bi licenses enough?

You need a license for every user that views, or creates a report. If 24 is the total number of users, that is all you need for the time being.

More than that, the dashboards must be private bacause of the sensitivity of the data. The only chance for me to uso power bi is power bi premium? Are you sharing with a wider audience? Premium would only be required if you are scaling up to share to many, many people.

Or 24 power bi pros is enough? Almost forgot, can an account be logged on two dispositives at the same time?  A single license is applied to a single person. Multiple people can consume a report from the Power BI Service at the same time, but if you are talking about 2 report authors working on the same PBI Desktop file at the same time, then "no".

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

@daniloabreu 

@daniloabreu wrote:

I need 24 points with power bi. In every point, there is maybe 6 people at a time. We need all the people to consume the dashboards created by only two persons. Is 24 power bi licenses enough?

You need a license for every user that views, or creates a report. If 24 is the total number of users, that is all you need for the time being.

More than that, the dashboards must be private bacause of the sensitivity of the data. The only chance for me to uso power bi is power bi premium? Are you sharing with a wider audience? Premium would only be required if you are scaling up to share to many, many people.

Or 24 power bi pros is enough? Almost forgot, can an account be logged on two dispositives at the same time?  A single license is applied to a single person. Multiple people can consume a report from the Power BI Service at the same time, but if you are talking about 2 report authors working on the same PBI Desktop file at the same time, then "no".

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors