Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can admin freeze the dashboard tiles?

Can admin freeze dashboard tiles?

Any come to dashboard and able to move the tiles. Does PBI has any functionality to freeze the tiles?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

+1 to @greggyb. @Anonymous, just like @greggyb mentioned above, when you create a dashboard in a group other people can edit the original dashboard. You can check this online document for the details. 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Shubham,

>> Does PBI has any functionality to freeze the tiles?

Based on my understanding, the freeze means disable edit the tiles, right?

If as I said, it is impossible, power bi not support freeze the tiles currently, you could set the dashboard access permission which you shared to disable the edit from other persons.

For detail info, you can refer to below article:

Share a dashboard with colleagues and others

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-shex-msft I have created a Group and selected the privacy option "Members can only view dashboard content" BUT still users are able to move the tiles anywhere on dashboard. All users are "Member". Could you please let me know what should I do?

Hi Shubham,

Based on my test, I reproduced the issue in group workspace. I will report this issue internally and keep you updated once I get any feedback.

To work around the issue temporarily, you can share dashboard from My Workspace to prevent users from moving tiles in the dashboard. See:

The Dashboard from ‘Share Dashboard’

Capture7.PNG

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-shex-msft thanks for the updates. Even users can edit/delete the tiles as well.

How will I get the update or shall I open a support ticket.

+1 to @greggyb. @Anonymous, just like @greggyb mentioned above, when you create a dashboard in a group other people can edit the original dashboard. You can check this online document for the details. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can admin freeze dashboard tiles?

Any come to dashboard and able to move the tiles. Does PBI has any functionality to freeze the tiles?

An end user cannot move tiles around on a dashboard that is distributed by sharing or by a content pack.

A shared dashboard is read-only for a consumer.

A content pack dashboard is read only for the originally published version, but a user can make a copy and personalize that.

In a group workspace, if members have permission to edit objects, they can edit any dashboard in the workspace. Members in a group workspace can be set to not have editing permissions. This is a workspace-level configuration. Here is a page on group workspaces showing how you can set members to a view-only role.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@greggyb I have created a Group and select the privacy option "Members can only view dashboard content" BUT still users are able to move the tiles anywhere. All users are "Member". Could you please let me know what should I do?

ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Anonymous Not exactly freeze but somewhat similar to what you want. Click on ellipses (three dots) next to the dashboard name -> Settings -> Dashboard Tile Flow -> Turn on tile flow. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ankitpatira I did the same but it is not giving me the desired output.

"by turning on tile flow for this dashboard, once you move a tile on the dashboard, it will automatically adjust your tile layout"

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.