cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Varshi288
Frequent Visitor

Can X -axis (bins) dynamically vary

Hi  

I have a orders data in which there is  a measure MP(TP) where it varries  based on currency selection.Initially I created histogram chart based on the values of the measure.this is hard coded with values  when US currency is selected.Now the requirement is  when any currency selected other than US the x axis should varry accordingly.

I am trying to create bins  on measure MP(TP) but I am not succusfull. 

For ex. if I select the US currency  MP(TP ) values  vary  from 0.1 to  >1.  and if i select INR currency  MP(TP) value vary in between 30 to 45 above. this I need to  show in the  histogram chart.range3.PNGrange2.PNGrange1.PNG

IS there any way to change the axis dynamically.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
jamespiggot
Frequent Visitor

Re: Can X -axis (bins) dynamically vary

Hi there,

Is there a reason why you don't leave the start and end as auto then it would dynamically scale the axis? If they are blank then the chart will auto-sale the Y axis according to the currency? Apologies if I am missing something obvious!

options.PNG

INR.PNG

USD.PNG

Varshi288
Frequent Visitor

Re: Can X -axis (bins) dynamically vary

Hi James,

Initially MP(TP) values were calculated  according to  US currency so most of the values are within the range of 0.1 to 1.So Y Axis was hard coded with in these  values. Now MP(TP) values change based on other currecy. Is it possible to  change values on currency selection in a calculated column.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks Launched March 24th!

New Ranks Launched March 24th!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power BI Community!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Missed the Arun 'Triple A' event or want to revisit it? We've got you covered! Check out the video, Q&A, and slides now.

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series.

Join THE global Power Platform event series.

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities.

Community Summit North America

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow. The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors