cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Re: Can PBI Desktop calculate the driving distance between points on a map visual?

Hm, that explains how to grab the data in M, but not how to select 2 locations in the report and the query will then request the distance.
So I assume the fact that there's not a real solution out there yet means that you would have to pre-calculate all routes and then write a measure that simply gets the distance value from the table when a countrows-measure equals 2.

Highlighted
Resolver II
Resolver II

Re: Can PBI Desktop calculate the driving distance between points on a map visual?

Dear @fso, If you read the blog posts fully, the latitude and longitude is replaced at the end with input parameter. So, the original query is finally converted to a function which accepts latitude and longitude as input parameter. This function can be used on any new data by defining the latitude field name and longitude field name in the function's parameter

Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Sure, but they question was
"I am trying to find a way to calculate the driving distance between any given two points that are on the map visual."

So i assumed that the goal is to select two points on the map and then get the distance in a measure.
Using the approach you posted you would still have to Pre calculate all possible combinations to achieve this.
Highlighted
Resolver II
Resolver II

Ohh, OK. I didn't know your requirement was for dynamic co-ordinates

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

if you found the solution for the drive distance between 2 points please let me know 

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

Super Users of the Quarter - Q2 2020

Super Users of the Quarter - Q2 2020

Who are our Super User Superstars? Who made it to the top of the leaderboards? Get the answers!

Community Blog

Community Blog

Visit our Community Blog for articles, guides, and information created by fellow community members.

Community Summit Australia – Join Online!

Community Summit Australia – Join Online!

Be a part of the leading Microsoft Business Applications digital event, curated for the APAC community.

Top Solution Authors