Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JohnAdv
Frequent Visitor

Can I remove the "Values" fields from ToolTips

I want to add calculated columns to my tooltips but i also want to remove the values that

are displayed on the Line Chart. I also turned off the Data labels so the user doesn't see the true values.

John

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@JohnAdv

You cannot remove the values displayed in tooltips. Please vote this idea here.

Best Regards,

Herbert

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

You cannot exclude individual fields from the standard tooltip, as mentioned by Herbert earlier, but I have done a work around which works well.  I have a map and wanted to exclude the ugly latitude and longitude numbers from the tooltip.

1. Create another page (hidden) and set it as a tooltip (Format Options > Page Information) and make it small to only include the field(s) you want
  2. Back in your visual where you want the tooltip, go to Format Options, Tooltip and make the type 'Report page'.  Select this new hidden page from step one and bingo, no ugly/unwanted fields in your tooltip

Zyg_D
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

You can turn off tooltips since 2018 July: 
visualTooltipToggle.png

Turning off the Tooltip feature as mentioned above doesn't truly remove them.  (it just turns off the flexibility to show other values within that tooltip and format them).
ie - If you mouseover the bar graph, you'll still see the value appear for that selection.  

Workaround: However, you can "trick" the tooltip into not appearing!  Within the Tooltip menu, turn it On, then scroll to Transperency --> make that 100%.   Now your tooltips won't display as you mouseover them. 

This was particularly helpful for my scenario, in which I was needing to color code values (using conditional formatting) and also prevent the actual value from being displayed.

v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@JohnAdv

You cannot remove the values displayed in tooltips. Please vote this idea here.

Best Regards,

Herbert

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your Idea page page not found error

Habib
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

You can add additional values on tooltip suing below section in line chart but unfortunately you can not remove value field from tooltip

tooltip.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors