Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cowboyracer
Frequent Visitor

Can I realise this with one of the regular visuals?

Hi! I made this visual using one of the xViz extra visuals: Multiple Axis Chart. When published to a dashboard there's a notice I need to buy the Licenced version of xViz. My company is not willing to do this. So is there another way, with one of the standard visuals, I can make this? 
It shows "answered" (green) and "not answered" (red) phone calls, highlighting one department (red/green) agains the other departments (blue).

SAB1.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi, @cowboyracer 

I fully understand your needs and test it. I'm sorry, because of the visual that comes with powerbi, after adding more than one field to the value of visual, the conditional format can't be used.

So, there is another workaround but it's not very convenient. You need to create four measures, corresponding to these four different situations. If you can accept it, I will write for you. 

Best Regards

Janey Guo

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hi, @cowboyracer 

Like this, if you can accept. The sample file is below.

vjaneygmsft_0-1625560843216.png

Best Regards

Janey Guo

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @cowboyracer 

Maybe your needs can be done using conditional format. It seems that you are not good at dax. If you can share some sample data and your logic about the color, I'm happy to help you modify the measure.

Best Regards

Janey Guo

Hello Janey,

You're absolutely right, I am not good at DAX, I am a novice and I still find DAX difficult te learn.
So if you can help me... Please!!! And Thanks already for your reaction!
I have a screenshot of sample data (not real data but this is how it could look)
I also made a screenshot of the powerbi file.

The green = because I want to show the TAKEN calls by one specific department and green for the NOT TAKEN calls

I want to highlight one specific department to make it stand out better (meaning you see it better) against the other departments.

And later on I want to make the same report (and later dashboard) for the other departments and highlight one of the other departments.

Kind regards,
Simone

Screenshot2.pngExcelFile.png

Hi, @cowboyracer 

I fully understand your needs and test it. I'm sorry, because of the visual that comes with powerbi, after adding more than one field to the value of visual, the conditional format can't be used.

So, there is another workaround but it's not very convenient. You need to create four measures, corresponding to these four different situations. If you can accept it, I will write for you. 

Best Regards

Janey Guo

Hi Janey,

I am open to every possible solution and "ready" (willing) to try everything.

But only if you want to...

Hi, @cowboyracer 

Like this, if you can accept. The sample file is below.

vjaneygmsft_0-1625560843216.png

Best Regards

Janey Guo

IT WORKED !!! 😁 Thanks for your help! 👩‍🎓 I now can "read" what you wrote so I've learned! Thanks! 

Hi, @cowboyracer  

This is just a workaround, because there is no visual that can meet your needs. I'm glad you can accept him, and learn something.

Best Regards

Janey Guo

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@cowboyracer , If you are using two columns on axis, conditional formatting will work.

You can create a measure for that and use that

example

Switch( True(),

max(Table[Dep]) = "Dept1" && max(Table[Answer]) ="Yes", "Green",

max(Table[Dep]) = "Dept1" && max(Table[Answer]) ="No", "red",

"blue"

)

Use in conditional formatting using Field value option

How to do conditional formatting by measure and apply it on pie?: https://youtu.be/RqBb5eBf_I4

@amitchandak Thanks for your reply! But (being a novice) I don't fully understand what to do.

I clicked on the table where the data is from and selected "new measure". Then I copied your example. I tried to rebuild it to the table and columns I think I needed. But it came up with errors:

SAB2.png

The Table the data is in, is called Doorzetten KCC
Translations: Afdeling = Department
                     Antwoord = Answer
                     Opgenomen = Call Taken
                     Niet opgenomen = Call Not Taken
                     Datum = Date
                     Week = Week
                     Totaal = Total

On the X-Axis I have put Department, with Values "Opgenomen" en "Niet opgenomen"

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.