Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

alsk1

Can I make a link script in a Power BI report?

Hello.

There is the following report in Power BI: https://goo.gl/F1k7fe
It is necessary that the links vary depending on the filters put forward https://goo.gl/t9ytGj
(so that you can see / check the data in the source database, where the information comes from).

In connection with this task, the questions:

1. Is it possible to make the script inside the Power BI report change the links depending on the filters being exposed?

2. Is it possible to make two tabs open at once when clicking on some links (since the information is taken from 2 databases at once)?

3 REPLIES 3
alsk1

I found out how our programmer made opening several tabs by clicking on the 1 link. He said he did through the JavaScript method: window.open Can I put JavaScript into the Power BI file?

v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

@alsk1,

1. Is it possible to make the script inside the Power BI report change the links depending on the filters being exposed?
I don’t think it is possible to dynamically alter the link based on the filters being exposed using script. However, you could try with establishing a new table for parameter values and links. By doing this, you are “forcing” the corresponding relationship between the parameters and links. For example,
Capture1.PNG
2. Is it possible to make two tabs open at once when clicking on some links (since the information is taken from 2 databases at once)?

One link can only leads you to one tab.

Regards,

Charlie Liao

1. Is it a change of text with a superimposed link when changing a filter? How to do this in Power BI?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.