cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
alsk1

Can I make a link script in a Power BI report?

Hello.

There is the following report in Power BI: https://goo.gl/F1k7fe
It is necessary that the links vary depending on the filters put forward https://goo.gl/t9ytGj
(so that you can see / check the data in the source database, where the information comes from).

In connection with this task, the questions:

1. Is it possible to make the script inside the Power BI report change the links depending on the filters being exposed?

2. Is it possible to make two tabs open at once when clicking on some links (since the information is taken from 2 databases at once)?

3 REPLIES 3
Microsoft v-caliao-msft
Microsoft

Re: Can I make a link script in a Power BI report?

@alsk1,

1. Is it possible to make the script inside the Power BI report change the links depending on the filters being exposed?
I don’t think it is possible to dynamically alter the link based on the filters being exposed using script. However, you could try with establishing a new table for parameter values and links. By doing this, you are “forcing” the corresponding relationship between the parameters and links. For example,
Capture1.PNG
2. Is it possible to make two tabs open at once when clicking on some links (since the information is taken from 2 databases at once)?

One link can only leads you to one tab.

Regards,

Charlie Liao

alsk1

1. Is it a change of text with a superimposed link when changing a filter? How to do this in Power BI?

alsk1

I found out how our programmer made opening several tabs by clicking on the 1 link. He said he did through the JavaScript method: window.open Can I put JavaScript into the Power BI file?

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks Launched March 24th!

New Ranks Launched March 24th!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power BI Community!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Missed the Arun 'Triple A' event or want to revisit it? We've got you covered! Check out the video, Q&A, and slides now.

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series.

Join THE global Power Platform event series.

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities.

Community Summit North America

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow. The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors