Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I make a chart ignore a date slider on a report?

I created a simple pie chart that filters data using the Relative Date Filter.  That works until I copy and paste that chart into a report with a couple other charts that use month and year slicers.  The pie chart changes, based on the selected year and month, which is what I do want for the bar charts, not the pie chart.  Is there a way to have the pie chart ignore the date slicers?

I appreciate any help!

Mike Grammas (still on Power BI training wheels)

slicer-1.jpg

slicer-2.jpg

slicer-3.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
VasTg
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@Anonymous 

If you don't want any filters in "Filters on this page" or "Filters on all pages" sections under Filter Panel affect your Pie chart, move those filters to "Filters on this visual" for other visuals.

If you don't want the filters on canvas to filter your pie chart, go to Format->Edit Interactions, select the filter or visual, then choose None on the Pie chart.

If this answer helps, Mark this as solution.

I don't mind Kudos.

Connect on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
VasTg
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@Anonymous 

If you don't want any filters in "Filters on this page" or "Filters on all pages" sections under Filter Panel affect your Pie chart, move those filters to "Filters on this visual" for other visuals.

If you don't want the filters on canvas to filter your pie chart, go to Format->Edit Interactions, select the filter or visual, then choose None on the Pie chart.

If this answer helps, Mark this as solution.

I don't mind Kudos.

Connect on LinkedIn

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.