Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

lionx
Helper I
Helper I

Can I ignore "SSL Certificate Issue" in M-Query just as we do -k in curl or verify=False in Python?

I'm facing the issue while trying to call an API from a public IP address in power query as follows:

let
Source = Json.Document(Web.Contents("https://xxxxx/api/v2/nodes", [Headers=[Accept="application/json", Authorization="Bearer SIGNED_JWT", ContentType="application/x-www-form-urlencoded;charset=UTF-8"]]))
in
Source

The issue is

"The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel."

However, when it' still work well if I try with Curl. I have tried some ways but it does not work even from this source:

Solved: SSL Certificate Issue - can I ignore it? - Page 2 - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

How to ignore the SSL/TLS Certificate check, just as we do -k in curl or verify=False in Python?

Any suggestions would be great helps!

2 REPLIES 2
v-zhangti
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @lionx 

Please refer to the following links in the hopes of helping you.

Solved: SSL Certificate Issue - can I ignore it? - Microsoft Power BI Community

Solved: API web source credential has a SSL/TLS error - Microsoft Power BI Community

Web Source via Gateway - Could not establish trust... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-zhangti 
Thank you for your response. I have gone through and tried the solutions mentioned in the three links above but It does not work for me. Now I try to install an SSL Certificate and hope it works. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.