Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bsheffer
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Can I hide page of a dashboard in the service.

I have a number of reports that I include in different apps.  Depending on the audience of the app I may not want to show them all pages.  Rather than publishing and then editing the dashboard to hide the pages, is there an option to hide pages as settings on the app?  

This way when I make changes I can just publish to each app and not have to hid pages again.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
bsheffer
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

there doesn't seem to be a way to do this in the service without editing the published pbix (either by editing it in the desktop or on the service.  I can't publish to the service and set this on the service so I can publish the pbix to different workspaces and page visibility differs by the workspace settings.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bsheffer ,

Based on my attempt, I can hide the report page in the desktop, and then manually edit other reports that I want to hide in the service as needed, so as to update the reports in the application.

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

FrankAT
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @bsheffer ,

did you use the right click on page tab to hide the page (see figure)?

05-05-_2021_23-30-49.png

With kind regards from the town where the legend of the 'Pied Piper of Hamelin' is at home
FrankAT (Proud to be a Datanaut)

samdthompson
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hello, this is a comming feature but its not here yet:

https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/idea/?ideaid=2dd57d8f-9e1e-4eb0-8dd1-05a566e522cf

In the mean time you could publish then make multiple copies of the report with save as with all the pages hidden as required.

// if this is a solution please mark as such. Kudos always appreciated.

Thanks for the reply.

I use the hide page and drillthrough to get to the hidden page.  I know about the button option to activate a bookmark to go to a hidden page.

What I was hoping for was a lineage option that shows the pages for an dashboard in the same lineage as the dashboard from the app so I could hide or unhid as desired.  That way it would be independant of the published version of the dashboard.  I could publish a new version of the dashboard to the workspace and update the app and the hidden status would be unchanged.

bsheffer
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

there doesn't seem to be a way to do this in the service without editing the published pbix (either by editing it in the desktop or on the service.  I can't publish to the service and set this on the service so I can publish the pbix to different workspaces and page visibility differs by the workspace settings.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.