Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I create a table with 1 column that repeats on the next column when it runs out of space?

I'm not sure how to even search for this so please feel free to send me links that are similar.  

So I have a ToolTip I want to create that shows # of locations that are in a certain calculation.  If I could increase the size of the Tool Tip then I wouldn't have a problem.. but since I can't here I am. 

I want the user to be able to mouse over my "Total Locations" and see waht locations are available.  Problem is anything above 10 gets turned into a scroll bar in the table and you can't see them in theTool Tip.

So can I make the table wrap so that when it hits the end it simply displays the next set of locations in Column 2?  

These locations are dynamic, so they depend on what VP/Region a user is selecting to filter by when they are running the report.

My next thought is to use a drillthrough.  I just like the ToolTips since they are so easy for the user to use.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
autodafe
Resolver I
Resolver I

a multi-row card might work better, perhaps?

otherwise ....(i know it's a slicer), but Chicklet Slicer can display small "boxes" and you can decide how many column to display...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
autodafe
Resolver I
Resolver I

a multi-row card might work better, perhaps?

otherwise ....(i know it's a slicer), but Chicklet Slicer can display small "boxes" and you can decide how many column to display...

Anonymous
Not applicable

I setup the chiclet to do this...  I like that idea although now I need to see if the user likes it!

I couldn't get the Multi Row Card to do this though.  

Chicklet has some nice config options for the boxes, including the ability to show icons instead of labels.
You can add a transparent rectangle on top of the slicer in order to make it non-clickable 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.