Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

TLW

Can I create a column that contains a column value multiplied by a value in an unrelated table?

I'm very new to Power BI, but I love its capabilities.

I have a table that contains a column (ACT_Score) which contains values from a related table.Power BI Reference Table.jpg

I want to create a new column (or measure) in the table above that multiplies the values in ACT_Score by an integer (ACTTestRatePref) found in an unrelated table (see below)

Power BI Account Info Table.jpg

Is this possible? The need to is scale up the values in ACT_Score by this integer in an unrelated table.  Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@TLW

In this scenario, since your account_info only have one row, it will not be one-to-one mapping to your Reference rows. So if you want your entire column multiples ACTTestRatePref from that table, just directly multiply by 6 in your calculated column. You don't need to LOOKUPVALUE() function, and it seems there's no searching column between your two tables for using this function.

Regards,

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

You can use LOOUPVALUE to get the value from an unrelated table

However I'm unclear about your requirement exactly - can you post some sample data or a link to a sample file?

You can also look at my responce here

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Retrieve-a-value-of-a-column-from-another-table/m-p/137064#M...

HTH! Smiley Happy

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.