Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

water-guy-5
Helper III
Helper III

Can I create a bookmark that filters based on the the present day or week?

I'm quite familiar with creating bookmarks in order to show a certain selection of data based on my slicers, however I was wondering if there was a way that I could add some sort of button that "showed today's data". I have a table that records the date, building, and status of whether or not it was operated on that gets updated daily and dates back multiple years.

I would like to be able to quickly view "current day" to see how the daily process goes without having to manually slice the date every time I check. Can this be done? Is it accomplished through a measure? 

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

Yes.  You could use a relative date filter on a visual- or page-level filter in the Filter panel, and then save that state as a bookmark (and then set the button to that bookmark).

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

Yes.  You could use a relative date filter on a visual- or page-level filter in the Filter panel, and then save that state as a bookmark (and then set the button to that bookmark).

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.