Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mwun

Can I combine 2 different data sources in the same Power BI dashboard?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ashishrj
Power Participant
Power Participant

@mwun A combined answer for the above two replies.

1. In Power BI Online, you can combine visualization from different reports in your Power BI account into one single dashboard (using pin) irrespective of the data sources 

2. To do so in single report, you can use Desktop tool having 'Merge Queries' functionality in Query Editor to achieve the same

Hope this works!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ashishrj
Power Participant
Power Participant

@mwun A combined answer for the above two replies.

1. In Power BI Online, you can combine visualization from different reports in your Power BI account into one single dashboard (using pin) irrespective of the data sources 

2. To do so in single report, you can use Desktop tool having 'Merge Queries' functionality in Query Editor to achieve the same

Hope this works!

I have another question over here that can we combine two datasource in direct query mode in a single power bi desktop report ?

I have another quetion over here that can we combine two datasource in direct query mode in a single power bi desktop report ?

You can pin any report visual to any dashboard. Those reports can come from any data source. So if that is what you mean by combining data sources - "yes"

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Hello,

If you want to combine in only one dataset youre data you can use PowerBI Desktop to make it.

You can inject in multiple dataset on multiple data source and combine it with the functionality "Merge queries".

Hope it's help you.

Regards.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors