cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Can I combine 2 different data sources in the same Power BI dashboard?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Power Participant
Power Participant

Re: Can I combine 2 different data sources in the same Power BI dashboard?

@mwun A combined answer for the above two replies.

1. In Power BI Online, you can combine visualization from different reports in your Power BI account into one single dashboard (using pin) irrespective of the data sources 

2. To do so in single report, you can use Desktop tool having 'Merge Queries' functionality in Query Editor to achieve the same

Hope this works!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

You can pin any report visual to any dashboard. Those reports can come from any data source. So if that is what you mean by combining data sources - "yes"

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG
Highlighted
Advocate V
Advocate V

Hello,

If you want to combine in only one dataset youre data you can use PowerBI Desktop to make it.

You can inject in multiple dataset on multiple data source and combine it with the functionality "Merge queries".

Hope it's help you.

Regards.

Highlighted
Power Participant
Power Participant

@mwun A combined answer for the above two replies.

1. In Power BI Online, you can combine visualization from different reports in your Power BI account into one single dashboard (using pin) irrespective of the data sources 

2. To do so in single report, you can use Desktop tool having 'Merge Queries' functionality in Query Editor to achieve the same

Hope this works!

View solution in original post

Highlighted

I have another quetion over here that can we combine two datasource in direct query mode in a single power bi desktop report ?

Highlighted

I have another question over here that can we combine two datasource in direct query mode in a single power bi desktop report ?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Blog

Community Blog

Visit our Community Blog for articles, guides, and information created by fellow community members.

Using the Community

Using the Community

Need help with the Power BI Community? Our 'Using the Community' support articles are a great place to start.

Community Summit North America

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow. The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors