Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anahita
Frequent Visitor

Can Get Answer to my Delta calculation month over month!

I've tried all the solutions provided by folks before but non resolve my issue! 

I need a simple calculation of last month value of a KPI callled OTE. but when i use below formulas the answer is either zero or same value as this month! 

1- Answer is same value as current month value: 

OTE Last Month = CALCULATE([AVG OTE Score], DATEADD('Calendar'[Date].[Date],-1,MONTH))

2- Answer is Zero: 

OTE Last Month = CALCULATE([AVG OTE Score], PREVIOUSMONTH('OTE-FCR'[INTERACTION_DATE]))

for first formula I have used a calendare table as required so problem is not there. 

I do appreciate any corrective ideas

Thanks! 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anahita,

Please check the DAX and visual in attached PBIX file.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Thanks a lot for your support, Actually I found the problem that was I used a derived column called month name out of the main date coulmn and was trying to have that month column on my x axis when I switched that for original date column everything's working fine. it seems to be a bug maybe in power bi that derivitve columns don't act the same as original columns but neverthelss I explained here in case someone will have same issue later on .

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anahita,

Please check the DAX and visual in attached PBIX file.

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@Anahita,

Please check more details about CALENDARAUTO() function here.

In your sceanario, what fields do you use to create the visual? Please share your PBIX file through OneDrive or Dropbox.

Regards,
Lydia

Thanks a lot for your support, Actually I found the problem that was I used a derived column called month name out of the main date coulmn and was trying to have that month column on my x axis when I switched that for original date column everything's working fine. it seems to be a bug maybe in power bi that derivitve columns don't act the same as original columns but neverthelss I explained here in case someone will have same issue later on .

Dear Lidya,

Thanks a lot for your kind responce, yet this formula returns same value of the current month with my data, though I found a difference in your calendare table comparing ot mine: Calendar = CALENDARAUTO()

what is above formula for? I tried adding a new measure exactly like that but when I didn't add anything inside parenthesis nothing happened. 

kcantor
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Anahita

Are you filtering the visual or the report page to the current month so that the date add can work?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Will it help if I share the link of powerbi with you? Let me have an email then please

Yes, I’ve added filter for current month also tried it for different months no success

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.