Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ChristoherMuehl
Frequent Visitor

Call TimeSeriesInsights with RestAPI

Hello community,

I am currently trying to visualize data from Azure Time Series Insights in Power BI.
As there is currently - to my knowledge - no connector for Time Series Insights for PowerBI yet, the RestAPI connector from CData came to my mind.

The DSN configuration of the connector looks like this:

2019-04-03 18_17_39-CData Power BI Connector for REST - DSN Configuration.png

If I now want to connect to this connector in PowerBI Desktop, I get the following error message:

2019-04-03 18_26_06-Verbindung nicht möglich.png

Did I forget something during the configuration?

I have done an app registration in Azure to get the ClientSecret and the ClientId.

The API should be queried via DirectQuery and the ResultSet of the API call is probably a JSON.
If the connection works, do I have a way to parse the json in Direct Query mode in PowerBI?

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,

Christopher

1 REPLY 1
TeigeGao
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @ChristoherMuehl ,

>>If the connection works, do I have a way to parse the json in Direct Query mode in PowerBI?

We can use the Json.Document function to return the contents of a JSON document. Then we can expand the data, for more information, please refer to this blog: https://www.mssqltips.com/sqlservertip/4621/using-power-bi-with-json-data-sources-and-files/

But based on the error message, it looks like that we cannot get data from Azure Time Series directly, as a workaround, we can create another source and import data to this source, then let PowerBI access to this source.

Best Regards,

Teige

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors