Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Galat198
Helper IV
Helper IV

Call Stored Procedure from BigQuery

Hi,
It is possible to call Stored Procedure from BigQuery to Power BI?

Like:

call `project.dataset.test_p` (130, 200)
2 REPLIES 2
charlottemknz

Thought I'd update this as I came across this thread while searching for an answer myself.

You can now run native queries in power bi from BigQuery:

Source = Value.NativeQuery(GoogleBigQuery.Database([BillingProject=BillingProject]){[Name=Name]}[Data], "
SELECT "example" as example
", null, [EnableFolding=true]),

I found if you want to run a stored proc or any procedural language script that it will only work if you set EnableFolding to false.

Source = Value.NativeQuery(GoogleBigQuery.Database([BillingProject=BillingProject]){[Name=Name]}[Data], "
CALL testdb.test_proc()
", null, [EnableFolding=false]),

v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Galat198 ,

As far as I know, currently call Stored Procedure from BigQuery to Power BI could not be supported.

Different with sqlserver database and mysql database, although Googlebig query database has import and direct query these two connection modes, it does not have the query parameter in the connection function so it could not call the procedure to power bi.

googlebigquery.pngsql.pngmysql.png

my1.pngsql1.png

In other words, currently Googlebig query database could not support a native query in power bi so that it could not call the procedure.

Please refer this document about Connectors that support native database queries in power bi desktop currently.

In addition, you can sumbit a new idea here about this issue to help us improve power bi.

It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Hopes it could help.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors