Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

TadepalliSaiKum
Frequent Visitor

Calender Year to Financial Year

Hi every one,

Suppose I gave data from Jan2018-Sep2019 and I am representing the data through charts. I need the representation in such a way that I need to see the results Year wise, Quarter wise and Month wise(i.e. the time period should be Finanical Year like Year wise means Apr2018-March2019) and if i drill down that i need to get Quarters in that Financial Year(i.eAPr2018-Jun2018 "Q1") and on further drill down, i need to get monthly data.

Is there any possibility for the above process? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TadepalliSaiKum ,

You can create calendar table like DAX below, then create relationship between your fact data table and calendar table on date field. You may click Drill down of visual to get lower date hierarchy.

Calendar = CALENDAR(MIN(Table1[Date]),MAX(Table1[Date]))  

In your scenario, it maybe codes: Calendar = CALENDAR(DATE(2018,1,1),DATE(2019,9,30)).  

Or you may use codes: Calendar =CALENDARAUTO().

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TadepalliSaiKum ,

You can create calendar table like DAX below, then create relationship between your fact data table and calendar table on date field. You may click Drill down of visual to get lower date hierarchy.

Calendar = CALENDAR(MIN(Table1[Date]),MAX(Table1[Date]))  

In your scenario, it maybe codes: Calendar = CALENDAR(DATE(2018,1,1),DATE(2019,9,30)).  

Or you may use codes: Calendar =CALENDARAUTO().

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

adambhappy
Resolver II
Resolver II

Assuming your fact table has a date column it's simply a matter of using a date table with the data about fiscal years and fiscal quarters. Hopefully the date table below works for your needs

dates = 
VAR vMinYear = 2010
VAR vMaxYear = 2030
RETURN
ADDCOLUMNS (
        CALENDAR(DATE(vMinYear;1;1);DATE(vMaxYear;1;1));
    "Calendar Year"; "CY " & YEAR ( [Date] );
    "Calendar Year Number"; YEAR ( [Date] );
    "Fiscal Year"; "FY " & IF(MONTH([Date])<4;YEAR([Date])-1;Year([Date]));
    "Fiscal Year Number"; IF(MONTH([Date])<4;YEAR([Date])-1;Year([Date]));
    "Fiscal Year Month Number";IF(MONTH([Date]<4);Month([Date])+10;Month([Date]));
    "Fiscal Quarter"; IF(Month([Date])>=10;"Q3";IF(Month([Date])>=7;"Q2";IF(Month([Date])>=4;"Q1";"Q4")));
    "Fiscal Quarter Number"; IF(Month([Date])>=10;3;IF(Month([Date])>=7;2;IF(Month([Date])>=4;1;4)));
    "Month Name"; FORMAT ( [Date]; "mmmm" );
    "Month Number"; MONTH ( [Date] )
)

Dear Adambhappy,

Thanks for your quick reply. When I apply th ebaove code for my data set it is showing some error and the error comes out to be "The expression refers to Multiple columns. Multiple Columns cannot be converted to a scalar values".

What can be done for this issue?

Screenshot (80).png

@TadepalliSaiKum the formula given by @adambhappy was meant to be entered as a calculated table. This will return a sample data that follows a fiscal year.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.
Learn with me on YouTube @DAXJutsu or follow my page on Facebook @DAXJutsuPBI.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.