Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Calendar slicer

Is there a Calendar Slicer/Filter in Power BI? All that I find are actual visuals displayed as calendars which only work by using dates and some other fields to agregate on. What I am looking for is just a standard calendar where a user can click a date or dates and have other visuals fitler accordingly.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous,

What about the custom visual Custom Calendar by Akvelon?

I'm afraid that your ideal Calendar visual may not be achieved directly in Power BI. 

You could submit your idea in Power BI ideas Forum.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

If you use a Between date slicer it has that kind of an interface.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Anonymous
Not applicable

Using between you only see the popup calendar when you click on one of the dates. What I would like is jut displaying a calendar as a visual (w/o any popups) and allow user to click on one or more dates and have everything filtered.

Well, if you don't like Beyondsoft Calendar or Calendar by Tallan, not really too many other options.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tallan and other calendars only display a calendar based on an agregation, in other words, they are just another visual as opposed to being an actual filter/slicer (like Timeline or regular slicer). Anyway, appreciate your help. Thanks.

Hi @Anonymous,

What about the custom visual Custom Calendar by Akvelon?

I'm afraid that your ideal Calendar visual may not be achieved directly in Power BI. 

You could submit your idea in Power BI ideas Forum.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Some of the Calendars do wha I was hoping, but, at the expense of agregating, so performance can be an issue. What is really needed is something like the popup calendar where you could specify start/end dates. Something similar to VBA within Access. Thanks for your suggestions.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.