Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Calendar filtering table

I have a calendar table, Date being the primary key. I would like to add a Calendar filtering table that can be used as a slicer so that end users can quickly select Calendar YTD, Fiscal YTD, Last 12 Months, Current Month, etc. and it will filter the data by the appropriate date range. Is there an easy way to do this with dax based on current day? I don't want individual measures for each date range.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable
4 REPLIES 4
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Please refer to my video around this topic

All About Time Intelligence around Today: https://youtu.be/gcLhhxhXKEI

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's time intelligence in general, with measures. What I'm wanting to do is provide a drop-down selection for users to select from a set of pre-determined Date Filters. This table would filter my calendar table that would then filter my fact table. User would be selecting an option that's in the TimeFilter field below, and the Date field would be tied to the calendar table (*:1 relationship). Essentially it would look like the below (unless there is a better way to do this without setting individual measures for each time filter type. The point of this is to have one report page that can quickly change the date ranges.

smileamile4_0-1620062759539.png

* in the sample above, I only did the first few days and last day of the full date ranges I'd expect, for demonstration purposes.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous ,

I read your video link, it really helped your question. May I ask if your needs have been solved now? If the problem has been solved, you can mark your answer as the correct answer to help the other members find it more quickly. If it is still not solved, please provide detailed demand information and data model, I will answer you as soon as possible.

Let me know the result immediately, looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.