Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

pierre415
Helper I
Helper I

Calendar Visual Disappearing

Hey guys,

I'm looking to make a calendar that shows the leaves per day in a company. When I sort leaves by just the Start Date, the visual works well:

Capture.PNG

But I want it to show All dates of each leave, not just the start date. I have this column but when I use All Dates instead of Start Date the visual disappears. Here's the data I'm using

Capture.PNG

where lines with the same index are the same leave, more lines meaning a longer leave. At first I thought 'All Dates' wasn't displaying because there were too many dates, or because of some data formatting issue, but it looks like it's something else. Any ideas guys?

Thanks!

Pierre 

4 REPLIES 4
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @pierre415,

You select the 'All Dates' as category, the 'count of index' as value, the visual disappers? As I tested, it works fine. Please check if there other fields affect the 'All Dates' column, or do you mind share your .pbix file for further analysis? I can not reproduce your scenario without your file. Thanks for understanding.

Best Regards,
Angelia

I also found that for some reason if I filter my All Dates column in any way the calendar shows up fine. So you could say it actually works but I need a more permanent solution... 

Capture.PNG

Hi @pierre415,

I can not reproduce your scenario, you just replace the StartDate to AllDates, it disappers? Please create a new visual, select the AllDates as category and 'count of index' as value level.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Hi, could you give me an example of another field affecting 'All Dates'? I could send you the file as soon as I get permission from my boss. Thanks,

Pierre

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.