Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

wetherington
Frequent Visitor

Calendar Table Data Filter

Hi Everyone,

In my current data model, I have two tables Orders and Invoices in these tables I have a date column which I have associated with my calendar table.  Which works for my Invoice --> Calendar table but it does not work for my Order --> Calendar table.  When I use the filter Fiscal Year in my calendar table it displays the correct fiscal year data related to the Invoice table but for my order table, it returns (Blank).  To try to solve this I changed the date field that is used in the relationship with another on the Order table which seemed to have worked.  However, this is not the date which I would like to reference for this report. 

The data type is Date Only

Format MMMM, DD, YYYY

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you,

Wil

6 REPLIES 6
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@wetherington , as long as data type is date, it should work. I doubt it has a timestamp. Change the problematic Date's Datatype as datetime and change format that display time also.

If it has time create a date and join with date table

New column

Date =[Datetime].date

@amitchandak I added a date only column but am receiving #Error.  This is the same formula that I used on my Invoice date only and it worked fine. 

Order Table

wetherington_2-1597170121236.png

Invoice Table 

wetherington_1-1597170011057.png

Thanks! 

Wil

@wetherington , seems like newpayment milestone is text. First, try to change that to date

I tried to change the column to both Date and Date/time.  Still didn't work. 

wetherington_0-1597235993816.png

wetherington_1-1597236016684.png

@wetherington,

Can you change the data type from Power Query Editor once and then check. Do let us know if you face any error with DAX.

Thanks !

Hi @wetherington ,

From the DAX warning/error message, it is pretty clear here that your 'new_paymentmilestone' column from 'SalesOrder' table is not in date format and that's why FORMAT function is not able to convert it to desired mm/dd/yyyy format.

I guess this is the same reason for the joining not working with SalesOrder table.

Please change the data type of your 'new_paymentmilestone' column from 'SalesOrder' table to DATE and try.

Give a thumbs up if this post helped you in any way and mark this post as solution if it solved your query !!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.