Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Calendar Date Filter

Hi All,

I have for dates in File Date column.

Capture.PNG

I created a calendar table with the help of CalendarAuto() and now i have dates from 1/1/2019 to 12/31/2019.

Capture12.PNG

I need to place the Date field(calendar Table) in slicer and i dont want my File Date in slicer because of some other requirements. But i would like to see only those 4 dates should be present in dropdown when i keep that in slicer which is present in file date.

Is that Possible?

Thanks in Advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Based on having created relationship between the Calendar table and the file fact table, you can apply Visual level filter for the Date slicer visual following steps below.

1. Create a bar chart visual, put the calendar[Date] into this visual.
  2. Drag 'file fact table'[File date] into Visual level filter of the chart visual and make some selections as your need.
  3. Turn the chart visual back into a slicer.

Best Regards,

Amy

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Based on having created relationship between the Calendar table and the file fact table, you can apply Visual level filter for the Date slicer visual following steps below.

1. Create a bar chart visual, put the calendar[Date] into this visual.
  2. Drag 'file fact table'[File date] into Visual level filter of the chart visual and make some selections as your need.
  3. Turn the chart visual back into a slicer.

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-xicai ,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried as per your suggesstion but unfortunately it is not working.

Capture.PNG

Thanks.

Hi @Anonymous , 

You may need to create relationship between the two tables, and pay attention to the steps above. For the step1, you may create a bar chart visual or other visuals instead of Slicer visual first of all, then put the calendar[Date] into this visual. It works in my test.

Best Regards,

Amy

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I tried now its working. Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.