Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Calculator

Is it possible to create a calculator function in Power BI? Ex. "add inputs or select inputs from a drop down to get outputs based on criteria". I have something like this in Excel but my data is currently static and needs continuous updating. Would love to be able to do something like this in Power BI as my data refreshes daily. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I haven't any resources for what you want to do.

But as I have mentioned before, you can implement your inputs as filters with slicer, for example, and your outputs with measures or calculated columns and exhibit them with card, for example.

If it helps, I appreciate a kudo.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Do5779
Helper II
Helper II

Can someone gives an update? Has someone a better idea than using slicer ander filters? If you consider a range of 1000 $ you get 100000 rows 😣...

saraMissBI
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi 

Yes that's possible if I understand properly what your question means. Could you please be more specific in defining what you want to implement in your report, so that we can help?

Thank you

mauriciosotero
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi,

Probably it is possible. Can you share an example of what do you need to implement in the PBI?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Calc Functions.png

@mauriciosotero @saraMissBI @santiagomur  This is what I was looking to recreate. Does this help at all?

It helps a little. In your example the inputs will be the filters of your report and the outputs will be the calculated measure or columns.

Have you started to implement in the PBI? Have you already imported your data to the PBI?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Data is imported. Have not begun to implement - not sure where the best place to start is.

If you haven't implemented any report ever, I suggest, first, you take a free course in the Edx:

https://www.edx.org/course/analyzing-and-visualizing-data-with-power-bi-3

For me, it is the fastest way to learn PBI.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! Do you know of any resources like this for building a calculator type function like the one I am looking to build? I have some familiarity building visuals already. 

I haven't any resources for what you want to do.

But as I have mentioned before, you can implement your inputs as filters with slicer, for example, and your outputs with measures or calculated columns and exhibit them with card, for example.

If it helps, I appreciate a kudo.

santiagomur
Resolver II
Resolver II

if i understand your question.

try to use on the desktop <Modeling> <New Parameter What IF> with this you can create inputs to your measure or calculations.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.