Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

% Calculations using % not resulting expected values

Hi 

We are trying to replicate a solution that was built using Cognos in Azure/Power BI.

We have loaded all the required tables and created a data model with in Powe BI and we are using Driect Query.

We need to derive a calculation which is combinition of 4 formulas, they are used repertietly with in the final formula.

Following is the formula:

((100*(1-[Green Cull % (of cast)])*( 1-[1-F Pcs Cull % (of Inspect)]-Inspection[%1F Rework]))+
(100*(1-[Green Cull % (of cast)])*Inspection[%1F Rework]*(1-[1-F Pcs Cull % (of Inspect)]-Inspection[%1F Rework]))+
(100*(1-[Green Cull % (of cast)])*Inspection[%1F Rework]*[2-F Rework % (of 2-F Inspect)]*(1-[1-F Pcs Cull % (of Inspect)]-Inspection[%1F Rework]))+
(100*(1-[Green Cull % (of cast)])*Inspection[%1F Rework] * POWER([2-F Rework % (of 2-F Inspect)],2)*(1-[1-F Pcs Cull % (of Inspect)]-Inspection[%1F Rework]))+
(100*(1-[Green Cull % (of cast)])*Inspection[%1F Rework] * POWER([2-F Rework % (of 2-F Inspect)],3)*(1-[1-F Pcs Cull % (of Inspect)]-Inspection[%1F Rework]))+
(100*(1-[Green Cull % (of cast)])*Inspection[%1F Rework] * POWER([2-F Rework % (of 2-F Inspect)],4)*(1-[1-F Pcs Cull % (of Inspect)]-Inspection[%1F Rework])))/100

All the components of the formul give the correct results but when I combine the calcualtions in the above formula I get a huge number insted of %

Please let me know what I am missing here.

Regards

Raju

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Eric

The issues is now resolved, the % were done with in the calculaton its self , So I have changed the formula and used the "formatting" to represnt the % insted of calculating in the formaula.

Regards

Raju

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous

Your problem is vague, where did you apply the fomular, and how do you verify that the components work in Power BI desktop?

Please be more specific on the scenario, better to represent the problem by giving some sample data and a demo.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Eric

The issues is now resolved, the % were done with in the calculaton its self , So I have changed the formula and used the "formatting" to represnt the % insted of calculating in the formaula.

Regards

Raju

@Anonymous

Thanks for posting back. Could you please share the correct fomula and accept it as solution to close this thread. The solution may help people who have the similar question.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.