Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Calculation with user-input Weighted percentage and filter data

Hi,
I am new to Power BI so I would like to seek your help on this problem.
I have a table with 4 columns, 2 of 4 are the priority score for category 1 and category 2 (1 = highest priority, 4 = lowest priority).

powerBI1.png
I would like to have users input their Weighted percentage for each category, total of 2 weighted percentage should be 100%.
powerBI2.png
My expected result is: when the users change the weighted percentage, then respectively:
1. Filtered table the original table by ([Sum of priority] > 0.5 and Status = "New" or "Active"),

Where [Sum of priority] = 1/Priority Score of Cat 1 * Weighted Percentage of Cat 1 + 1/Priority Score of Cat 2 * Weighted Percentage of Cat 2
2. Count the number of IDs in the filtered table above.

Any help or discussion on this problem would be highly appreciated.
Please let me know if the .pbix file is needed.

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any more thoughts or solutions ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

up to seek other solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am actively seeking a solution to this problem...

djurecicK2
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous ,

Here is a general direction. Create a new, disconnected table with the numbers for 1-100.

Use that for your percent slicer. It might be difficult to ensure that 2 slicers equal 100%, so consider using a single slicer where the selection is Cat1 value and the remainer is Cat2 value.

Use SELECTEDVALUE on the percent values table to create measures for cat1 and cat 2% 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @djurecicK2 , but I am wondering how to filter the table rows by "Sum of priority" > 0.5 and Status = New or Active]

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.